As Anglicans, we encourage intelligent inquiry into our faith, not requiring agreement on a set of beliefs but acknowledging we are on a journey together to discover God's presence in the holiness and messiness of life. God's son Jesus Christ models and opens for us a path of loving kindness and reconciliation with God, self, and others.
From its inception, the Anglican church has walked the "via media" - the middle way. Within any given congregation, there will be people sitting side-by-side whose beliefs may be of different shades and textures, ranging from more traditional to less so. We're not called a "big tent" church for nothing! You can learn more about the historic foundations of Anglican belief right here. Lynne and Peggy are always happy to talk with you as you explore your understandings of faith.
While Anglicans may have different perspectives on the doctrines of the church, Anglican churches worldwide subscribe to the following Five Marks of Mission:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth