March 01, 2023
Re: Part-time Children’s Ministry Worker
The Parish of St Clement, North Vancouver is seeking to engage a part-time Children’s Ministry Worker.
Hours: Five (5) hours total per week
Our mission: To be an inclusive, welcoming Christian community, faithful to Christ’s call to love God and serve the contemporary needs of a changing world
Our mandate: Christian education is a key building block for lifelong faith. St. Clement’s recognises the importance of raising our children with knowledge and experience of the stories and traditions of Christianity. We are committed to providing a meaningful, relevant and inspiring education program to our children.
Overview of Position:
The Children’s Ministry Worker holds responsibility for the instruction and/or supervision of children during Sunday School and/or family ministry initiatives held throughout the year.
Goals & Objectives:
· To provide an effective Sunday School program, ensuring that the educational needs of children and families are met.
· To help implement the Sunday School curriculum in cooperation with Parish volunteers.
· To encourage the care and involvement of families in Parish life.
· To anticipate and plan for Sunday School and family activities (can include: crafts, activities, play, lessons, etc)
· To work with the Rector and Parish volunteers as needed on the planning and implementation of Sunday School and family ministry initiatives
Accountability, Reporting and Support:
The Children’s Ministry Worker reports regularly to the Rector on the activities and needs of the Sunday School and family ministry initiatives and solicits assistance where required.
The Rector provides support and encouragement to the Children’s Ministry Worker and ensures that the needs and activities of the Sunday School and family ministry initiatives receive the necessary support and involvement from the congregation.
Qualifications: Early Childhood Education certificate is an asset or equivalent experience in the field of education or childcare; training in Sunday School curriculum or a willingness to be trained
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to the Rector no later than 5 pm on Monday March 20, 2023.