Let the good times keep rolling! If you were inspired by the St. Clement's Mocktail Mix-Off at Lynn Valley Day, here are the winning recipes to try out yourself.
First prize winner was the Blueberry Bomber by the Sassy Shakers:
1 cup and a quarter fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon(grated) ginger
1 cup of sugar
sparkling water, unsweetened
3. Using the back of your spatula, mash the blueberries. Mash all of it and let the mixture simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and once the mixture has cooled down, cover it with a cling sheet and let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
5. After 2-3 hours, strain the syrup into a pitcher. Cover and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
6. Fill 2/3 of the glass with the syrup, add ice cubes.
7. Add sparkling water on top. (Tip: A winning touch was to pour the water over the back of a spoon so it layered on top of the syrup!) After garnishing with fresh blueberries and mint, admire the look and then stir well and enjoy!
The Triple L: Lynn Valley Lavendar Lemonade
And finally, the Rosemary Babies bring us the...
Rosemary (local!), sugar, strawberries (local!), lemon juice, ginger beer, club soda, orange juice, orange peel
Boil rosemary in equal parts sugar and water to create a simple syrup.
Combine 1 teaspoon rosemary simple syrup with 1 tablespoon strawberry puree, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1/2 cup ginger beer, and 1/4 cup club soda.
Serve over ice, garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a twirl of orange peel.